The computer is your secret holder and therefore it is necessary to keep it safe and secure. Whether it is to save your personal files, photos, credit/debit card details or to save important data, the computer will come first in your mind. If you still haven’t take a big step for the safety of your device then do it now and keep your device completely safe from trusted antivirus and by following the protection tips.
You never know when your device is infected with malware or virus. But when you suspect that your computer is infected with viruses then, it is advisable to follow these tips to stay safe and to protect your device from more loss.
Symptom when your device is infected with Virus:
• Your computer will run sluggishly and slowly
• Pop-up messages that appear out of nowhere and are tough to overcome
• You can hear the sound of the hard drive in constant action
• Computer programs starting which you don’t recognize or didn’t startup
1. Enter Safe Mode:
When you suspect that your System is infected with virus then quickly enters the safe mode. For that, turn off your computer and then on it again. Then, as soon as you see anything on the screen then press the F8 button constantly. By doing this, the Advanced Boot Options menu will appear. From there, select Safe Mode with Networking and then press Enter. For now, disconnect your PC from the Internet.
2. Run a Virus Scan:
Run the on-demand scanner first then, your real-time scanner. One of them should be able to recognize the virus and get it removed. But running both scanners enhances your odds of success.
If required, remove a virus manually:
Some viruses should be removed manually. For that, you should conduct this and if you are experiencing at using the Windows Registry and know to view and delete program and system files.
3. Delete Temporary Files:
While you are in Safe Mode, you should remove your Temporary Files using the Disk Cleanup Tool for that,
• Go to the Start Menu and then All Programs
• Accessories, System Tools and Disk Cleanup
• Scroll via the Files to Delete the list and then choose Temporary files
Deleting these files might speed-up the virus scanning you are about to do and could even overcome a virus if it was programmed to start when your computer boots up.
4. Recover or Reinstall any damaged files or software:
• If you have suspect for virus on your device then you might need to reinstall any files or programs that were damaged by the virus.
• This is where backups come in handy and we highly recommend you to make them on a regular basis.
5. Keep your Security Software Updated:
It is advisable to install trusted antivirus software on your device for comprehensive and all-time protection. But, if it is out-date then it might not work that much to protect your device. So, keep it update all the time so that it works excellently for complete protection. If the question come trusted antivirus then Avast antivirus is the first security software that strikes in mind.
It is the best antivirus software that is specifically designed to fight against advanced threats and viruses. This antivirus also comes with an automatic update facility so that you can feel free for update status.
By following these tips you can protect your device from damage which might be possible due to virus attack. These tips are very easy to follow and you can conduct them in very few minutes. So don’t take too much time and keep your identity, files, and photos safe from virus attacks.